The Philadelphia Asian American Film Festival (PAAFF), now in its 9th year, is officially accepting entries for our 2016 festival season via Without A Box. We accept films from Asian, Pacific Islander, and non-Asian filmmakers that either feature Asians in lead roles in front of or behind the camera and/or have stories pertaining to Asian Americans.
The Philadelphia Asian American Film Festival has been celebrating and elevating the Asian American and Pacific Islander experience and has presented dozens of culturally relevant films and exciting programming to broad and diverse audiences from Chinatown to Center City to University City. Our regular deadline for submissions is June 1st and the late deadline is July 5th
We are now accepting submissions for the 2016 Festival, scheduled November 10-20, 2016.
Why submit to PAAFF? We’re an award winning film festival based in Philadelphia, celebrating and elevating the Asian American experience and now the largest AAPI film festival on the East Coast.
* Films are screened and judged by film industry representatives and our top films receive awards. Some of our past films have also been screened on Comast’s Cinema Asian America and XFinity On Demand.
* Take part in networking opportunities with fellow filmmakers and receptive and diverse audiences.
* If the director, producer or writer is non-Asian, the film’s subject matter must involve Asians.
* Foreign language films must have English subtitles.
Submission Deadlines: Earlybird Deadline: 4/15 Regular Deadline: 6/1 Late Deadline: 7/5
(All filmmakers will be notified by 9/15) Withoutabox logos are trademarks of Withoutabox, a DBA of IMDb.com Inc. or its affiliates.
* Unfortunately we cannot waive submission fees for non-Philadelphia based filmmakers as we are an all volunteers run festival relying on fees to support our operations. Please note our fees are very competitive and reasonable.
* If you are a filmmaker that currently resides in the Philadelphia region (city or surrounding suburbs) and your film meets the eligibility requirements of our festival, you may contact us for a fee waiver at rob [at] phillyasianfilmfest [dot] org. You may be asked to verify.
* Please check your film’s status on Withoutabox.com to see if it is received.
* If you submitted a film and it doesn’t show “In Consideration” in Withoutabox, please be patient and allow 1-3 weeks for the status to change.
* We accept submissions from all levels of filmmakers (student, amateur and professional) and all types of films, including Narrative, Documentary, Animation, Music Video and Experimental.
* Works in progress will be considered, but keep in mind we will be judging your work as is and willnot watch a later version. So please submit your best cut.
* For film submissions we strongly encourage filmmakers to submit Secure Online Screeners in lieu of DVDs. (For more info visit: Withoutabox.com)
* If you are unable to submit an online screener, please mail us 3 DVD copies/screeners of your film.
* Please don’t submit dvd screeners in dvd box cases. Box artwork does not impress us. Please use “clamshell” or similar small plastic cases. Please save your box cases and the environment.
* DVD screeners will NOT be returned.